Harvard Art Museums,
32 Quincy Street
The Calderwood Courtyard constitutes the physical and spiritual core of the Harvard Art Museums. Since its construction in the original Fogg Museum in 1927, the space has been the center of the building at 32 Quincy Street. When Renzo Piano Building Workshop designed the renovated facility, which opened in 2014, the courtyard was the only part of the original structure left intact. As we celebrate the 500th anniversary of the canon’s house of the Church of San Biagio in Montepulciano, Italy, on which our Calderwood Courtyard was modeled, archivist Megan Schwenke and associate research curator Danielle Carrabino will discuss a special selection of archival materials to narrate the remarkable history of this treasured space in the Harvard Art Museums.
The seminar will take place in the Art Study Center, Level 4.
Free admission, but capacity is limited to 15 and registration is recommended. To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the program to allow sufficient time to sign in at the Art Study Center reception desk. Note that there is a wait list for this program; spots unclaimed by 11am will be released to those on the wait list. Please be prepared to present a photo ID.
Lockers are available on the Lower Level, Level 1, and Level 4 to check bags, coats, umbrellas, and any food or drink.