- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Christopher Wilmarth, American (Sonoma, CA 1943 - 1987 New York, NY)
- Studio for the First Amendment, miscellaneous, 1978-1983 and 1986
- Archival Material
- Work Type
- archival material
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, The Christopher Wilmarth Archive, Gift of Susan Wilmarth-Rabineau
- © Estate of Christopher Wilmarth / Susan Wilmarth-Rabineau
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- 1) Box advertising file folders filled with the following: 2 rubber stamps, one with the Studio for the First Amendment logo, the other a copyright stamp originally made for 1976 but it seems Wilmarth cut the last two numbers off of the year; file with 2 xeroxed pages of handwritten price list for works on view in the fall of 1979, 5 color transparencies of Studio logo, and 1 large cardboard logo still with the remnants of mounting tape on verso; file with 21 invoices, 1 a xerox of a handwritten page, the rest various pink, white, or yellow slips filled out in Wilmarth's hand; file with 2 typed, stapled sheets of cream laid Studio stationery titled THE OUTDOOR SCULPTURE OF CHRISTOPHER WILMARTH: Materials, Maintenance, and Permanence; and file with unused Studio stationery, envelopes, business cards, etc., and a poster for the Gnomon's Parade exhibition.
2) File folder with 2 blue-and-white diamond-shaped metal signs for the Studio, one wrapped in brown paper.
3) Green hanging file folder with xeroxed pages from a visitor's register from 1986 (probably from show at Hirschl & Adler); a slim navy blue notebook with a visitor's register from the inaugural Studio show in 1978; brown guestbook dated November of 1980.
4) Blue cloth-covered visitor's log for May 1982.
- Exhibition History
Reverie: Christopher Wilmarth, Before and After Mallarmé, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 05/20/2017 - 08/13/2017
- Subjects and Contexts
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com