- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Edward Ruscha, American (Omaha, NE born 1937)
- Other Titles
- Series/Book Title: News, Mews, Pews, Brews, Stews & Dues
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- Organic screenprint
- Screen print
- sheet: 58.4 x 80.8 cm (23 x 31 13/16 in.)
frame: 69.1 x 84.1 x 3.2 cm (27 3/16 x 33 1/8 x 1 1/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: Signed and dated in graphite lower left, "E. Ruscha 1970"
- inscription: lower left, graphite, signed, in artist's hand: Signed and dated in graphite at lower left: "E. Ruscha 1970"
- inscription: lower left, graphite, in artist's hand: Numbered in graphite at lower left: "1/125"
- stamp: reverse, lower left, ink: Inked workshop chop mark on reverse at lower left
- stamp: reverse, lower right, ink: Workshop number stamped in ink on reverse, at lower right: "ea 687"
- [G. W. Einstein Company, Inc., New York, New York], sold; to Harvard University Art Museums, March 16, 2005.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Engberg 36
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Margaret Fisher Fund
- © Edward J. Ruscha IV/Gagosian Gallery
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Susan Dackerman, ed., Corita Kent and the Language of Pop, exh. cat., Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 2015), pp. 126-129, cat. 31, ill. (color)
- Exhibition History
HAA 1 Survey Course: Landmarks of World Art and Architecture [Spring 2007], Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 02/26/2007 - 04/08/2007
HAA 1 Survey Course (S421): Landmarks of World Art and Architecture [Spring 2009], Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 02/12/2009 - 05/10/2009
Corita Kent and the Language of Pop, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 09/03/2015 - 01/03/2016; San Antonio Museum of Art, San Antonio, 02/13/2016 - 04/13/2016
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org