- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Dominique Barrière, French (Marseille, France 1618 - 1678 Rome, Italy)
- Easter Celebration on the Piazza Navona in the Year of the Jubilee, 1650
- Other Titles
- Original Language Title: Addobbo realizzato in Piazza Navona in occasione della Pasqua dell'anno Giubilare 1650, 17 aprile
- Work Type
- c. 1650
Level 3, Room 3610, University Teaching Gallery
View this object's location on our interactive map
- Physical Descriptions
- Engraving on cream antique laid paper
- sheet, cut to plate: 38.2 x 63.2 cm (15 1/16 x 24 7/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: engraved in plate, lower center: Dominicus Barriere Marsi. delin. et sculp.
- inscription: engraved in plate, lower center: Eques Carol. Rainal. Archit.
- inscription: verso, lower right, graphite: 99/383 / M[or U]NN / IV/40 piac
- inscription: verso, lower left, graphite: 200
- watermark: right, center: [anchor and star in a circle]
- Paul E. and Gabriele B. Geier, Rome, Italy, gift; to Harvard Art Museums, 2012.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Paul E. and Gabriele B. Geier
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Louis Frank and Philippe Malgouyres, ed., La Fabrique des saintes images: Rome-Paris 1580-1660, exh. cat., Musée du Louvre Éditions (Paris, 2015), pp. 76-77, fig. 25
- Exhibition History
Landmarks of World Art and Architecture, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 09/04/2012 - 01/19/2013
Rome: Eternal City, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 01/20/2018 - 05/06/2018
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org