- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Louise Lawler, American (Bronxville, NY born 1947)
- WAR IS TERROR
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- Cibachrome mounted on aluminum panel
- Cibachrome (TM)
- 76.2 x 65.41 cm (30 x 25 3/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: Back of aluminum panel in black marker: Louise Lawler 2/5 2001/2003.
- gallery label: Label of Galeria OMR with artist and title information attached to the back of the aluminum panel
- gallery label: Label of Metro Pictures with artist and title information attached to the back of the aluminum panel.
- Barbara Lee (by 2007), gift; to Harvard Art Museums, 2014.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Barbara Lee
- © Louise Lawler
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Cibachrome photograph mounted on aluminum panel mounted on black wooden framed backing.
- Publication History
Helen Molesworth, ed., Twice Untitled and Other Pictures (looking back) Louise Lawler, Wexner Center for the Arts (Columbus, Ohio, 2006), pp.1,107,148-152, ill. p. 149, fig. 3
Thomas W. Lentz, ed., Harvard University Art Museums Annual Report 2006-7, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, 2008), p. 22, ill.
Ingrid Periz, "This will mean more to some of you that others: Louise Lawler at the Museum of Modern Art", Eyeline, Eyeline Publishing Ltd (Brisbane, Australia, 2018), No., 89, pp. 35-43, p. 40. ill. (color)
- Exhibition History
Contemporary Art from the Harvard University Art Museums Collections, Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 06/23/2007 - 01/31/2008
Seeing Is Believing: A History of Photography, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 09/04/2012 - 01/19/2013
Modern Art and Modernity, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 08/27/2016 - 01/08/2017
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com