- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (four photographs, Albert Edward and Alexandra, "Park Lane" (Prince's horse); verso: eight photographs, Miss Hawley; Hon.Mrs. (?) Hall; Lady Sophia (?); Lord Edw. Cavendish ; Lord Algernon E. Lennox; Lady Edw. Cavendish; Lady Alice (?), Lord (?)
- Work Type
- album page, photograph
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with four albumen silver prints and ink inscriptions; verso: album page with eight albumen silver prints and ink inscriptions.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Sitter's names are inscribed in ink on recto and verso.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Albert Edward (1841-1910), Prince of Wales
Alexandra (1844-1925), Princess of Wales
Honorable Mrs. (?) Hall
Lady Sophia (?)
Lord Edward Cavendish (28 January 1838-18 May 1891). Third son of the 7th Duke of Devonshire. MP for West Derbyshire 1860-1865. Married 3 August 1865 to Emma, fourth daughter of the Right Honorable William Lascelles.
Lord Algernon E. Lennox (19 September 1847-1921). Second son of the 6th Duke of Richmond. Colonel Coldstream Guards, ADC to HRH Duke of Cambridge 1883-1885. Married 31 August 1886 to Blanche, DBE., (d. 17 August 1945) second daughter of Colonel Hon. Charles Maynard.
Lady Edward Cavendish. Emma (d. 24 September 1920), fourth daughter of the Right Honorable William Lascelles.
Lady Alice (?)
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org