- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Hippolyte (Paul) Delaroche, French (1796 - 1856)
- Portrait of Pierre-Francois-Léonard Fontaine
- Work Type
- album page, drawing
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink on cream modern laid paper
- actual: 13.2 x 9.6 cm (5 3/16 x 3 3/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Inscribed by Delaroche in graphite at upper right: M. fontaine. Inscribed by Leclère in graphite on album sheet at lower center: M. fontaine par delaroche; on verso in black chalk at upper center: 1837/ m. fontaine par delaroche
- Achille Leclère. Achille Lecère and heirs
Claude Darton, Avignon.
Unidentified Dealer, Paris.
Lucien Goldschmidt, New York.
Mrs. Jacob M. Kaplan, New York.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Mrs. Jacob M. Kaplan
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Lucian Goldschmidt, Architecture and the Achille Leclère-Ingres Sketchbook, Lucien Goldschmidt, Inc. (New York, 1964), no. 124 (27)
Agnes Mongan, David to Corot: French Drawings in the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1996), cat. no. 152, repr.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com