- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Gouache on wove paper
- actual: 39.5 x 25.7 cm (15 9/16 x 10 1/8 in.)
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Georges Rouault, Gustav Moreau, L'Art et les Artistes (April 1926), vol. 11-12, pp. 219-249, p. 235, repr.
Hans H. Hofstätter, Gustave Moreau: Leben und Werk, DuMont Buchverlag (Cologne, 1978), pp. 87-89 + 180, repr. p. 89
Pierre-Louis Mathieu, Gustave Moreau: Monographie et nouveau catalogue de l'oeuvre achevé, ACR Édition (Paris, France, 1998), no. 459, repr., also repr. p. 188 (color)
- Exhibition History
The Age of Romanticism, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 03/15/1986 - 05/18/1986
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com