- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink over graphite on cream wove paper
- 30.1 x 21 cm (11 7/8 x 8 1/4 in.)
- Charles Ricketts; to [Scott & Fowles, New York, New York (through Martin Birnbaum)], 1923, sold; to Grenville L. Winthrop, New York, New York, gift; to Fogg Art Museum, 1942.
NOTE: Provenance information from documents in the curatorial file.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Grenville L. Winthrop, Class of 1886
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Chikashi Kitazaki and Mina Oya, ed., Between Reality and Dreams: Nineteenth Century British and French Art from the Winthrop Collection of the Fogg Art Museum, exh. cat., National Museum of Western Art (Ueno, 2002), cat. no. 42-1, repr. (color)
Nicholas Frankel, The Sphinx by Oscar Wilde, with Decorations by Charles Ricketts. A Facsimile., Rice University Press (Houston, 2010), p. 64
- Exhibition History
Between Reality and Dreams: Nineteenth Century British and French Art from the Winthrop Collection of the Fogg Art Museum, National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo, 09/14/2002 - 12/08/2002
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com