- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor and conté crayon on off-white laid paper
- 27.5 x 43.1 cm (10 13/16 x 16 15/16 in.)
- [Bernheim Jeune, Paris]. James N. Naumberg, New York, New York, gift; to Fogg Art Museum, 1957.
NOTE: Provenance from a letter from Sigmund Rothschild dated 23 October 1957, in the curatorial file.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of James Naumburg Rosenberg, in memory of Aaron and Nettie Goldsmith Naumburg, on the Twenty-fifth Anniversary of the Opening of the Naumburg Wing of the Fogg Art Museum, November 8, 1957
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
James N. Carpenter, Color in Art: A Tribute to Arthur Pope, exh. cat., Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 1974), p. 68, cat. 30, ill.
Carrie Haslett and Michael Marlais, Neo-Impressionism: Artists on the Edge, exh. cat., Portland Museum of Art (Portland, ME, 2002), p. 86, fig. 26 (color)
- Exhibition History
Color in Art: A Tribute to Arthur Pope, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 04/25/1974 - 06/16/1974
Neo-Impressionism: Artists on the Edge, Portland Museum of Art, Portland, 06/27/2002 - 10/20/2002
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com