- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black chalk on off-white wove paper
- 36.8 x 34 cm (14 1/2 x 13 3/8 in.)
Corner was repaired: without corner 34 cm, with corner attached 34.5 cm.
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: L.l., black chalk: Piet Mondriaan
- inscription: L.l. corner, graphite: Given to me in his studio in Holland 1918
- Gift of the artist to Mrs. J. Rudolf Katz, Manchester, New Hampshire, 1918. [Swetzoff Gallery, Boston, 1957], sold; to Fogg Art Museum, 1957.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Friends of the Fogg Art Museum Fund
- © 2003 Mondrian/Holtzman Trust
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Four Centuries of Still Life, exh. cat., Allentown Art Museum (Allentown, PA, 1959), fig. 64, no. 69
Agnes Mongan, Mondrian's Flowers, Miscellanea, I.Q. van Regteren Altena (Amsterdam, 1969), 16-V-1969, p. 397, fig. 10
Nathan Goldstein, A Guide to 100 American and European Drawings: A Portfolio, Prentice-Hall (Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1982), pl. 62
Joop M. Joosten and Robert Welsh, Piet Mondrian: Catalogue Raisonné, Harry N. Abrams, Inc. (New York, 1998), no. C105, p. 491, repr.
- Exhibition History
Flowers in February, a Check List of the Exhibition Held February 19-March 9, 1962, Smith College Museum of Art, Northampton
Introduction to Harvard University, Isetan Department Store, Tokyo, 04/01/1974 - 04/30/1974
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com