- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Denis-Auguste-Marie Raffet, French (1804 - 1860)
Previously attributed to Ferdinand-Victor-Eugène Delacroix, French (Charenton Saint-Maurice France 1798 - 1863 Paris France)
- Study for "The Skirmish at the Pont d'Arcole"
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown ink and graphite on cream wove paper
- 32.6 x 49.1 cm (12 13/16 x 19 5/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Brown ink, lower left: EDelacroix [in a different ink of different quality than that used in the drawing and not in Delacroix's manner]
- From catalogue card: Collections: Rouillard; Gaultron
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Agnes Mongan, ed., One Hundred Master Drawings, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, 1949), p. 148, repr.
Agnes Mongan, David to Corot: French Drawings in the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1996), cat. no. 306, repr.
- Exhibition History
Body Image in French Art and Visual Culture (18th and 19th Centuries), Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 01/23/2016 - 05/08/2016
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com