- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Odilon Redon, French (Bordeaux, France 1840 - 1916 Paris, France)
- Don Quixote
- Work Type
- before 1890
- Physical Descriptions
- Black crayon, black conté crayon and brown/black ink with scratchwork on tracing paper, laid down
- actual: 29.9 x 22.4 cm (11 3/4 x 8 13/16 in.)
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Meta and Paul J. Sachs
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Drawings Recent Acquisitions, Bulletin of the Fogg Museum of Art, vol. 11, no. 1, January 1949, repr.
Paul J. Sachs, Modern Prints and Drawings, Alfred A. Knopf, Inc. (New York, NY, 1954), pl. 49
Agnes Mongan, Memorial Exhibition: Works of Art from the Collection of Paul J. Sachs [1878-1965] : given and bequeathed to the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, exh. cat., Harvard University (Cambridge, MA, 1965), cat. no. 63, repr.
Klaus Berger, Odilon Rendon: Fantasy and Color, McGraw-Hill Book Company (New York, 1965), p. 225, no. 592
Nicholas Wadley, Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Drawing, Dutton Studio Books, New York (New York, NY, 1991), pp. 242-243, repr. p. 243
Alec Wildenstein, Odilon Redon: Catalogue raisonné de l'oeuvre peint et dessiné, Wildenstein Institute (Paris, 1992-1998), vol. 1, p. 274, cat. no. 694, repr.
John J. Allen and Patricia S. Finch, Don Quijote en el arte y pensamiento de Occidente, Catedra (Madrid, 2004), repr. p. 131 (color)
- Exhibition History
Drawings from the Fogg Museum of Art, Harvard University (Collected by Paul J. Sachs), Century Club, New York, 05/12/1947 - 09/25/1947
Memorial Exhibition: Works of Art from the Collection of Paul J. Sachs [1878-1965] Given and Bequeathed to the Fogg Art Museum Harvard University Cambridge, Massachusetts, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 11/15/1965 - 01/15/1966; Museum of Modern Art, New York, New York, 12/19/1966 - 02/26/1967
Flowers of Evil: Symbolist Drawings, 1870–1910, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 05/21/2016 - 08/14/2016
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com