- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black chalk and brown wash on cream antique laid paper
- irregular: 45.2 x 29.1 cm (17 13/16 x 11 7/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: verso, pen: [illegible] Pellegrini 12
- watermark: PM or RM
- inscription: lower left, graphite: 64
- inscription: lower right, graphite: 253 / 25 / 20042709
- Abraham Simon Wolf Rosenbach, Philadelphia; sale, New York, Sotheby's, 12 January 1994, lot 65, sold; to Vermeer Associates Limited, Brampton, Ontario (on long-term loan to Harvard University Art Museums, 1994-2000), sold; to Harvard University Art Museums, 2000, inv. no. 2000.89
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, The Kate, Maurice R. and Melvin R. Seiden Special Purchase Fund in memory of Frances and John Loeb and in honor of Deborah Loeb Brice
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Old Master Drawings, auct. cat., Sotheby's, New York (New York, 1994), cat. no. 65, p. 50, repr.
Marie-Anne Dupuy-Vachey, Fragonard et le Roland Furieux, Editions de l'amateur (Paris, 2003), cat. no. 164, pp. 11 n. 1, 348-49, 390, repr.
Ewa Lajer-Burcharth and Elizabeth M. Rudy, ed., Drawing: The Invention of a Modern Medium, exh. cat., Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge, 2017), pp. 130, 282, repr. p. 130 as fig. 3
- Exhibition History
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org