- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Achille Leclère, French (Paris 1785 - 1853 Paris)
- Imaginary Roman Hill Town
- Work Type
- album page, drawing
- 19th century
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown wash and graphite on greenish antique laid paper
- actual: 13.2 x 18 cm (5 3/16 x 7 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Lettering in brown ink in different architectural areas of the drawing. A, B, C, D, and E
- Achille Leclère. Achille Lecère and heirs
Claude Darton, Avignon.
Unidentified Dealer, Paris.
Lucien Goldschmidt, New York.
Mrs. Jacob M. Kaplan, New York.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Mrs. Jacob M. Kaplan
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Lucian Goldschmidt, Architecture and the Achille Leclère-Ingres Sketchbook, Lucien Goldschmidt, Inc. (New York, 1964), no. 124 (47)
Agnes Mongan, David to Corot: French Drawings in the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1996), cat. no. 273, repr.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org