- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
François Joseph Heim, French (Belfort 1787 - 1865 Paris)
- Caricatures of Abel de Pujol and Horace Vernet
- Work Type
- album page, drawing
- 18th-19th century
- Physical Descriptions
- Vernet: Brown in on off-white modern laid paper. The acidic ink has eated into the paper (17.7 cm x 11.3 cm). Pujol: Brown ink on white wove paper laid down to the sheet with the Vernet caricature (5 cm x 6.2 cm).
- actual: 17.7 x 11.3 cm (6 15/16 x 4 7/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Inscribed by Leclère in graphite at lower left: heim; twice at upper left: abel; at upper right: horace Vernet. Inscribed on verso in graphite at upper center: h. Vernet par Heim; at upper right center: abel
- Achille Leclère. Achille Lecère and heirs
Claude Darton, Avignon.
Unidentified Dealer, Paris.
Lucien Goldschmidt, New York.
Mrs. Jacob M. Kaplan, New York.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Mrs. Jacob M. Kaplan
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Agnes Mongan, David to Corot: French Drawings in the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1996), cat. no. 201, repr.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org