- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Camille-Marie Bonnard, French (Toulouse born 1793)
- Baths of Diocletian
- Work Type
- drawing, album page
- 18th-19th century
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown wash over graphite on cream antique laid paper
- actual: 12.2 x 19.4 cm (4 13/16 x 7 5/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Inscribed in brown ink at upper right: thermes du Diocletian / à Rome. Inscribed by Leclère (?) in graphite on album sheet at upper right: M. Bonnard
- Achille Leclère. Achille Lecère and heirs
Claude Darton, Avignon.
Unidentified Dealer, Paris.
Lucien Goldschmidt, New York.
Mrs. Jacob M. Kaplan, New York.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Mrs. Jacob M. Kaplan
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Lucian Goldschmidt, Architecture and the Achille Leclère-Ingres Sketchbook, Lucien Goldschmidt, Inc. (New York, 1964), no. 124 (45)
Agnes Mongan, David to Corot: French Drawings in the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1996), cat. no. 42, repr.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com