- Identification and Creation
Level 2, Room 2540, European Art, 13th–16th century, The Renaissance
View this object's location on our interactive map
- Physical Descriptions
- Etching on cream antique laid paper
- sheet and image: 72.5 x 87.3 cm (28 9/16 x 34 3/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: lower left, in plate: Superiorum per missu. 1612.
- Francis Calley Gray, bequest to nephew, 1856.
William Gray, gift to Harvard University, 1857.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- M. 153, L. 72
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of William Gray from the collection of Francis Calley Gray
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Dante, Illuminated, Index Magazine ([e-journal], January 25, 2017), http://www.harvardartmuseums.org/article/dante-illuminated, accessed 6/29/2017, repr.
"Hell through the Ages", Index Magazine (e-journal, February 12, 2018), https://www.harvardartmuseums.org/article/hell-through-the-ages, accessed March 13, 2018
- Exhibition History
32Q: 2540 Renaissance, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 12/12/2017 - 07/18/2018
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org