- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Theodor de Bry, Flemish (1528 - 1598)
After John White, British (active 1585-1593)
- The Town of Secota
- Other Titles
Alternate Title: The Towne of Secota
Series/Book Title: Illustration Series for "A Brief and True Report of the New Found Land . . . "
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- Engraving on off-white antique laid paper
- Francis Calley Gray, bequest to nephew, 1856.
William Gray, gift to Harvard University, 1857.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- only state
- Standard Reference Number
- Hollstein, vol IV, no. 362
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of William Gray from the collection of Francis Calley Gray
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Exhibition History
GenEd US12 American Encounters: Art, Contact, and Conflict, 1560-1860 (S427) Spring 2012, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 01/31/2012 - 05/12/2012
Adam and Eve, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 09/01/2018 - 01/06/2019
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org