- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Théodore Géricault, French (Rouen 1791 - 1824 Paris)
Printed by Gottfried Engelmann, German (Mulhouse, France 1788-1839 Mulhouse, France)
Published by Gihaut Frères, French (active 1815 - 1871)
- Caux Horse
- Other Titles
Original Language Title: Cheval Cauchois
Series/Book Title: Etudes de Chevaux Lithographie d'après Nature
- Work Type
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Lithograph on chine collé
- chine collé: 21.4 × 25.4 cm (8 7/16 × 10 in.)
sheet: 26.1 × 34.9 cm (10 1/4 × 13 3/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: lower left, in stone: Gericault.
- inscription: lower center, in stone: Cheval Cauchois.
- inscription: lower right, in stone: Lith. de G. Engelmann.
- inscription: lower left, graphite: M. C [illegible text]
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Delteil 49; Clément 50; Brugerolles E.47
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Deknatel Purchase Fund
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Exhibition History
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org