- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Théodore Géricault, French (Rouen 1791 - 1824 Paris)
Printed by Gottfried Engelmann, German (Mulhouse, France 1788-1839 Mulhouse, France)
Published by Gihaut Frères, French (active 1815 - 1871)
- Arab Horse
- Other Titles
Series/Book Title: Etudes de Chevaux Lithographie d'après Nature
Original Language Title: Cheval arabe
- Work Type
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Lithograph on chine collé
- chine collé: 20.7 × 25.9 cm (8 1/8 × 10 3/16 in.)
sheet: 25.7 × 34 cm (10 1/8 × 13 3/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: lower left, in stone: Géricault.
- inscription: lower left, in stone: Lith. de G. Engelmann.
- inscription: lower center: Cheval Arabe.
- inscription: verso, lower left, graphite: 33
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Delteil 56; Clément 57; Brugerolles E.54
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Deknatel Purchase Fund
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Exhibition History
Romantic Prints: David to Courbet, Busch-Reisinger Museum, Cambridge, 03/01/1980 - 04/30/1980
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org