- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Jean Joseph Balechou, French (Avignon, France 1719 - 1764 Avignon, France)
After Claude-Joseph Vernet, French (Avignon 1714 - 1789 Paris)
Published by Jean Joseph Balechou, French (Avignon, France 1719 - 1764 Avignon, France)
Published by Denis Charles Buldet, French (active 1745 - 1781)
- Other Titles
- Original Language Title: La Tempete
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- Image: 43.8 × 55.1 cm (17 1/4 × 21 11/16 in.)
Sheet: 49.3 × 63.2 cm (19 7/16 × 24 7/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
inscription: JWR:"Early state if the plate. Rare and fine; First state with the author's address; 14.50"
- inscription: JWR:"Early state if the plate. Rare and fine; First state with the author's address; 14.50"
- John Witt Randall, bequest to his sister.
Belinda Lull Randall, sister of John Witt Randall, gift to Harvard University, 1892.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- IFF, vol. I, no. 55, p. 429; LeB.84, Clayton 137
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Belinda L. Randall from the collection of John Witt Randall
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org