- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
François Chereau the Elder, French (1688 - 1729)
After Louis de Boullogne the Younger, French (Paris 1654 - 1733 Paris)
- Louis de Boullongne
- Other Titles
Alternate Title: Engraved by F. Chereau for his Reception into the Académie
Original Language Title: Gravé par F. Chereau pour sa reception à l'Academie
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- Image: 36.5 × 25 cm (14 3/8 × 9 13/16 in.)
Sheet: 38.2 × 26 cm (15 1/16 × 10 1/4 in.)
- Th. Thane, London (811), collector, 1878.
John Witt Randall, bequest to his sister.
Belinda Lull Randall, sister of John Witt Randall, gift to Harvard University, 1892.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- ii (?)
- Standard Reference Number
- IFF, vol. IV, no. 28, p. 322; LeBl. 21
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Belinda L. Randall from the collection of John Witt Randall
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
William McAllister Johnson, French Royal Academy of Painting and Sculpture: Engraved Reception Pieces: 1672-1789, exh. cat. (Kingston, Canada, 1982), pp. 91-93 [not Harvard impression
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com