- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Hann Trier, German (Kaiserswerth, near Düsseldorf, Germany 1915 - 1999)
- Variation of Forms I/IV, from "6 Color Woodcuts"
- Other Titles
Original Language Title: Variation der Formen I/IV, aus "6 Farbholzschnitte"
Series/Book Title: 6 Color Woodcuts
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- Color woodcut on Japanese paper
- image: 32 x 49 cm (12 5/8 x 19 5/16 in.)
irregular: 44.2 x 60.5 cm (17 3/8 x 23 13/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: monogrammed in graphite at l.r.: hT
- inscription: l.r., graphite, handwritten, in artist's hand: I/IV 14 (circled)
- [Galerie der Spiegel], sold; Busch-Reisinger Museum, 1957
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Gerlach-Laxner G 8
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Association Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Lower edge of the sheet is folded over.
- Publication History
Lynette Roth and Ilka Voermann, Inventur—Art in Germany, 1943–55, exh. cat., Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 2018), pp. 301-302, 304, cat. no. 39.4, ill. (color)
- Exhibition History
Inventur—Art in Germany, 1943–55, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 02/09/2018 - 06/03/2018
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org