- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Hann Trier, German (Kaiserswerth, near Düsseldorf, Germany 1915 - 1999)
- Variation of Forms I/I, from "6 Color Woodcuts"
- Other Titles
Series/Book Title: 6 Color Woodcuts
Original Language Title: Variation der Formen I/I, aus "6 Farbholzschnitte"
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- Color woodcut on Japanese paper
- image: 28.9 x 45 cm (11 3/8 x 17 11/16 in.)
irregular: 41.8 x 60.5 cm (16 7/16 x 23 13/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: monogrammed in graphite at l.r.: hT
- inscription: l.r., graphite, handwritten, in artist's hand: I/I 14/20
- [Galerie der Spiegel], sold; Busch-Reisinger Museum, 1957
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Gerlach-Laxner G 5
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Association Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Anja Chávez, ed., Two and One: Printmaking in Germany, 1945-1990, exh. cat., Davis Museum at Wellesley College (Wellesley, Massachusetts, 2003), cat. no. 164, color illus.
- Exhibition History
Two and One: Printmaking in Germany 1945-1990, Davis Museum at Wellesley College, Wellesley, 10/09/2003 - 01/18/2004
Inventur—Art in Germany, 1943–55, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 02/09/2018 - 06/03/2018
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com