- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
- Erotic Painting (recto and verso), folio from a Jain manuscript
- Work Type
- manuscript folio
- 15th-16th century
- Creation Place: South Asia, India, Gujarat
- Physical Descriptions
- Ink and opaque watercolor on paper
- folio: 10.5 x 26 cm (4 1/8 x 10 1/4 in.)
- Stuart Cary Welch (by 1979 - 2008,) by descent; to his estate (2008-2009,) gift; to Harvard Art Museum.
Object was part of temporary loan to Museum in 1979.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, The Stuart Cary Welch Collection, Gift of Edith I. Welch in memory of Stuart Cary Welch
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Asian and Mediterranean Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- The recto and verso of this folio feature two vignettes with amorous couples on day beds in various positions.
- Exhibition History
Where Traditions Meet: Painting in India from the 15th-17th Centuries, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 06/05/2003 - 12/07/2003
Women in South Asian Art, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 08/26/2017 - 01/07/2018
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Asian and Mediterranean Art at email@example.com