- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Solvent on printed paper
- irregular: 25.2 x 22.5 cm (9 15/16 x 8 7/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: in graphite at u.l.: Richter '62
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Patrons of the Busch-Reisinger Museum Fund
- © Gerhard Richter
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
James Cuno, ed., A Decade of Collecting: Recent Acquisitions by the Harvard University Art Museums, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, Mass., Spring 2000), pp. 113-114, ill.
Robert Storr, Gerhard Richter: Forty Years of Painting, exh. cat., Museum of Modern Art, New York (New York, NY, 2002), p. 29
Peter Nisbet and Joseph Koerner, The Busch-Reisinger Museum, Harvard University Art Museums, ed. Peter Nisbet, Harvard University Art Museums and Scala Publishers Ltd. (Cambridge, MA and London, England, 2007), p. 48
John J. Curley, A Conspiracy of Images: Andy Warhol, Gerhard Richter, and the Art of the Cold War, Yale University Press (U.S.) (New Haven and London, 2013), p. 111, fig. 82, ill.
- Exhibition History
A Decade of Collecting: Recent Acquisitions from the Busch-Reisinger Museum, Central and Northern Art and Design from 1880 to the Present, Harvard University Art Museums, Busch-Reisinger Museum, 04/19/2000 - 07/09/2000
Stratification: An Installation of Works since 1960, Busch-Reisinger Museum, 09/17/2005 - 02/26/2006
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org