- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Jacques-Louis David, French (Paris 1748 - 1825 Brussels)
- Study of the Artist Standing Sketching; Lowered Banners; Profile Caricature; verso: Facade of a Building
- Work Type
- sketchbook page, drawing
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Graphite with accents in black crayon, standing figure squared in graphite, on off-white antique laid paper; verso: black crayon
- 21 x 16.4 cm (8 1/4 x 6 7/16 in.)
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Warren Roberts, Jacques-Louis David, Revolutionary Artist, The University of North Carolina Press (Chapel Hill, NC, 1989), p. 161, fig. 64
Pierre Rosenberg and Louis-Antoine Prat, Jacques-Louis David 1748-1825: Catalogue raisonné des dessins, Leonardo Arte (Milan, 2002), cat. no. 1673, repr.
Sylvain Laveissière, Le Sacre de Napoléon peint par David, exh. cat., Musée du Louvre (Paris, 2004), fig. 16 (detail) [recto]
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com