- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Frances Benjamin Johnston, American (Grafton, WV 1864 - 1952 New Orleans, LA)
- Races, Negroes: United States. Virginia. Hampton. Hampton Normal and Industrial School: Agencies Promoting Assimilation of the Negro. Training for Commercial and Industrial Employment. Hampton Normal and Agricultural Institute, Hampton, Va.: Class in Laboratory.
- Other Titles
- Series/Book Title: Social Museum Collection
- Work Type
- Creation Place: North America, United States, Virginia, Hampton
- Physical Descriptions
- Platinum print
- image: 16.6 x 24 cm (6 9/16 x 9 7/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
label: recto, on mount centered above two images: Agencies Promoting the Assimilation of the Negro
Training for Commercial and Industrial Employment
Hampton Normal and Agricultural Institute, Hampton, Va.
- inscription: recto, on mount below image, black ink: Class in Laboratory.
- label: recto, on mount centered above two images: Agencies Promoting the Assimilation of the Negro
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Transfer from the Carpenter Center for the Visual Arts, Social Museum Collection
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Exhibition History
Classified Documents: The Social Museum of Harvard University, 1903-1931, Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 01/20/2007 - 06/10/2007
- Subjects and Contexts
The Social Museum Collection
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org