- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Albert Bierstadt, American (Solingen (near Dusseldorf), Germany 1830 - 1902 New York, NY)
- In the Rockies
- Other Titles
- Former Title: Indians on Horseback
- Work Type
- c. 1863
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on paper
- 33 x 48.3 cm (13 x 19 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l.l.: "A Bierstadt" (AB in monogram)
- Chapellier Gallery, New York, 1967; Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr.; his gift to the Harvard University Art Museums, 2007.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Theodore E. Stebbins Jr.
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Country Art Gallery, The Look of America, exh. cat. (Locust Valley, NY, 1976), cat.
Carol Troyen, A Private Eye: Fifty Nineteenth-Century American Paintings, Drawings, & Watercolors from the Stebbins Collection, exh. cat., The Heckscher Museum of Art (Huntington, NY, 1977), cat. 4, ill.
Thomas W. Lentz, ed., Harvard University Art Museums Annual Report 2006-7, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, 2008), p. 19, ill.
- Subjects and Contexts
Google Art Project
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org