- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil and enamel on canvas
- 80 x 115.6 cm (31 1/2 x 45 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: Signed lr: Paul Jenkins
- gallery label: Label affixed to the reverse from Martha Jackson Gallery, New York (inventory # 1461)
- inscription: signed again, dated and inscribed "New York" on reverse, upper left.
- Paul and Suzanne Jenkins, New York, New York, sold through [Joseph Rickards Gallery, New York, New York]; to Harvard University Art Museums, 2006.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Dr. Ernest G. Stillman, Class of 1907, by exchange
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Carlyle Burrows, Herald Tribune Book Review (New York, March 25, 1956)
Martha Jackson Gallery, Oils by Paul Jenkins, exh. cat. (New York, 1956), cat. no. 1
Pictures on Exhibit (1956), p. 25
- Exhibition History
Oils by Paul Jenkins, Martha Jackson Gallery, New York, 03/20/1956 - 04/07/1956
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com