- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 61 x 50.8 cm (24 x 20 in.)
- Martha C. Pearson; her bequest to the Massachusetts Historical Society, 1939; their gift to Harvard University, 1940.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard University Portrait Collection, Gift of the Massachusetts Historical Society, 1940
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Marc Arkin, "The Force of Ancient Manners: Federalist Politics and the Unitarian Controversy Revisited", Journal of the Early Republic (Winter 2002), vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 575-610, ill. p. 592
Conrad Edwick Wright, Revolutionary Generation: Harvard Men and the Consequences of Independence (Amherst, MA, 2005), p. 174
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr. and Melissa Renn, American Paintings at Harvard, Volume One: Paintings, Watercolors, and Pastels by Artists Born before 1826, Yale University Press (U.S.) and Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge and New Haven, 2014), p. 212, cat. 162, ill.
Grant Hamming, "Adding Voices to Harvard's Past", Index Magazine, Harvard Art Museums (December 8, 2017)
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org