- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on panel
- 71.6 x 57.8 cm (28 3/16 x 22 3/4 in.)
framed: 89.2 x 76.5 x 8.9 cm (35 1/8 x 30 1/8 x 3 1/2 in.)
- Mary Harrison Eliot (Mrs. Edmund Dwight), Boston; Commission, 1808-1809; her daughter, Sophia Dwight (Mrs. John Wells), Boston, 1846; her daughter, Mary Eliot Wells (Mrs. James Phillips Farley), Brookline, MA; her son, Eliot Farley (married Helen Grozier Farley); Mount Kisco, New York, Merryville, CT; his daughter, Patricia Farley (Mrs. LeMoyne White) Hawkins, and son, Eliot Farley Jr., 1986; her daughter, Wendy White, Rome; her long term loan to Eliot House, Harvard University, 1986.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard University Portrait Collection, Loan from Wendy Pierrepont White and Alexander Eliot Capilli
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Lawrence Park, Gilbert Stuart: An lllustrated Descriptive List of His Works, vol. I - IV, W. E. Rudge (New York, NY, 1926), vol. I, p. 304-05, no. 271; vol. III, ill. p. 164
Historical Records Survey, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Works Progress Administration, American Portraits, 1620-1825, found in Massachusetts, Volumes 1 and 2, Historical Records Survey (Boston, MA, 1939), p. 135, cat. 705
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com