- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Patricia Watwood, American (St. Louis, MO born 1971)
Cecilia Payne Gaposchkin (1900-1979)
- Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin (1900-1979)
- Work Type
- Creation Place: North America, United States, New York State, New York City
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 119.7 x 96.7 cm (47 1/8 x 38 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l.l. monogram
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard University Portrait Collection, Gift of Dudley and Georgene Herschbach
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
"Breaking the Portrait Glass Ceiling", Science Magazine, ed. Constance Holden (February 15, 2002), vol. 295, 1227., p. 1227, ill.
"Portrait of a Pioneer", Harvard Magazine (2002), March-April 2002, 67., ill. p. 67.
Alec Solomita, "The Big Picture, Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin, First Lady", Harvard University Gazette (February 14, 2002), p. 5, reprod. in b&w, 5.
John T. Bethell, Richard M. Hunt, and Robert Shenton, Harvard A to Z, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 2004), p. 277
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org