The Fellows are an international community of art lovers—many Harvard-affiliated, others with no Harvard connection—who generously support the Harvard Art Museums’ mission to promote knowledge about and appreciation of art through exhibitions, teaching, research, professional training, and public education. Quite literally, Fellows make possible all that we do.
From Boston and Cambridge to New York and London, Fellows enjoy events and programs with exclusive access to art, including unparalleled entrée to some of the world’s best private collections as well as our distinguished travel programs. Lively conversation amid great works of art is central to every Fellows event, enhanced by insights and expertise from curators, conservators, and other art-world luminaries.
Whether inside our museums or far beyond, Fellows events promise to spark your imagination, enrich your mind, and perhaps even surprise you. We welcome you to join us!
To learn more about Fellows membership, benefits, and programs, please contact the Fellows Office at 617-495-2851 or . You can also join, renew, or increase your level of support online.
If you have rented the Calderwood Courtyard for an event, you are entitled to a yearlong Fellows membership. See details here.
Fellows Membership Benefits
(All benefits are for two adults.)
Fellows receive all benefits of general membership in the Harvard Art Museums:
- Invitations to members-only programs
- Invitations to lectures, symposia, and other public events
- Discounts on ticketed events
- 10% discount in the museum shop and cafe
- Subscription to our email newsletters and Index, the magazine of the Harvard Art Museums
- Unlimited free admission to the Harvard Museums of Science & Culture
- Reciprocal privileges at museums across the country
The following benefits are exclusively for Fellows:
Patron Fellow $1,500–$2,499 (all but $240 is tax-deductible*)
- Invitations to the annual series of curator-led events in Boston and Cambridge, New York, and London
- Invitations to curator-led travel opportunities
- Unlimited complimentary admission to the Harvard Art Museums for two, plus up to two guests per visit
- Complimentary parking for Fellows events at the Harvard Art Museums
- Recognition in the museums’ annual donor listing
Quincy Fellow $2,500–$4,999 (all but $290 is tax-deductible*)
All benefits at the Patron level, plus:
- Complimentary Harvard Art Museums publication or exhibition catalogue
- Assistance with VIP access to international art fairs, upon request
- Unlimited complimentary admission to the Harvard Art Museums for two, plus up to four guests per visit
Fogg Fellow $5,000–$9,999 (all but $490 is tax-deductible*)
All benefits at the Quincy level, plus:
- Invitations to select events in the annual Salon Series, our most exclusive programs, including visits to prominent private collections, artists’ studios, and other distinctive opportunities
- Invitations to additional travel opportunities, reserved only for Fellows at this level and above
- Unlimited complimentary admission to the Harvard Art Museums for two, plus up to six guests per visit
Ambassador Fellow $10,000–$24,999 (all but $670 is tax-deductible*)
All benefits at the Fogg level, plus:
- Invitations to all events in the annual Salon Series
- Opportunity to invite two guests to select Fellows events
- Eligibility to rent museum space for private events
Curators’ Circle $25,000-49,000 (all but $870 is tax-deductible*)
All benefits at the Ambassador level, plus:
- Opportunity to arrange a private, customized museum tour
- Recognition as a sponsor of a select exhibition or museums program
Director’s Circle $50,000+ (all but $870 is tax-deductible*)
All benefits at the Curators’ Circle level, plus:
- Opportunity to customize a benefits package in consultation with museums staff
*For tax purposes, this is the estimated fair market value of benefits at this level. You may elect to waive the benefits of your Fellows membership, and receive a tax deduction in the full amount of your contribution; please contact the Fellows Office at 617-495-2851 or for more information. Gifts from charitable foundations or donor-advised funds are required by law to be 100% tax deductible and de-coupled from any membership benefits that are “more than incidental.” Benefits, such as event participation, are considered more than incidental and must be covered by a separate payment in the amount of the non-deductible portion, as stated, of your chosen membership level.