June 20, 1927: A distinctive new building for the Fogg Museum, designed by the ﬁrm Coolidge, Shepley, Bulﬁnch, and Abbott, opens on the edge of Harvard Yard at 32 Quincy Street.
June 30, 2008: The building at 32 Quincy Street closes to the public, for the ﬁrst time in its history, to undergo a major renovation and expansion project designed by internationally renowned architects Renzo Piano Building Workshop.
December 19 2009: Following the largest collections move of its kind ever conducted in the United States, work on the renovation and expansion project begins at the 32 Quincy Street site. The project includes select demolition, restoration, and new construction.
November 15, 2013: The work on the exterior is ﬁnished, and after the project reaches “substantial completion,” interior ﬁtting goes into full swing.
January–February 2014: The Harvard Art Museums begin movement of staﬀ into the new facility and installation of galleries.
November 16, 2014: Public opening of the new Harvard Art Museums—bringing together the Fogg, Busch-Reisinger, and Arthur M. Sackler museums and their collections in a single, state-of-the-art facility for the ﬁrst time.