- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Tim Rollins and K.O.S.
- The Animal Farm: P. W. Botha 1
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- acrylic wash on book pages mounted on linen
- 153 x 241.3 cm (60 1/4 x 95 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: On verso in black paint: Tim Rollins + K.O.S. So. Bx 1984-87
label: Rhona Hoffman Gallery
Tim Rollins & K.O.S.
From the Animal Farm: P.W. Botha
Acrylic and wash on book pages on linen
59 x 95"
inscription: On the back side of the canvas in black paint: From An Animal Farm: P. W. Botha I.
Signed: Tim Rollins + K.O.S. So. Bx 1984-87
- [Rhona Hoffman Gallery], sold; to The Edward R. Downe, Jr. collection, New York. [G.W. Einstein Company, Inc. consignment #7198], sold; to Harvard Art Museum, 2009.
Edward R. Downe, Jr. was advised by Patterson Sims and Marcia Tucker in the purchase of this work.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Modern and Contemporary Acquisition Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- Publication History
Tim Rollins and K.O.S., Riverside Studios, London and Orchard Gallery, Derry, Northern Ireland (London, 1988), p. 39
Lawrence Rinder, Viewpoints: Tim Rollins + K.O.S., brochure, Walker Art Center (Minnespolis, MN, 1988), p. 3, ill.
Tim Rollins and K.O.S.: Animal Farm, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (Washington DC, 1992)
- Exhibition History
Re-View: European and American Art Since 1900, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 05/03/2011 - 06/01/2013
- Subjects and Contexts
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org