- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Tim Rollins and K.O.S.
- The Animal Farm: P. W. Botha 1
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- acrylic wash on book pages mounted on linen
- 153 x 241.3 cm (60 1/4 x 95 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: On verso in black paint: Tim Rollins + K.O.S. So. Bx 1984-87
label: Rhona Hoffman Gallery
Tim Rollins & K.O.S.
From the Animal Farm: P.W. Botha
Acrylic and wash on book pages on linen
59 x 95"
inscription: On the back side of the canvas in black paint: From An Animal Farm: P. W. Botha I.
Signed: Tim Rollins + K.O.S. So. Bx 1984-87
- [Rhona Hoffman Gallery], sold; to The Edward R. Downe, Jr. collection, New York. [G.W. Einstein Company, Inc. consignment #7198], sold; to Harvard Art Museum, 2009.
Edward R. Downe, Jr. was advised by Patterson Sims and Marcia Tucker in the purchase of this work.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Modern and Contemporary Acquisition Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- Publication History
Lawrence Rinder, Viewpoints: Tim Rollins + K.O.S., brochure, Walker Art Center (Minnespolis, MN, 1988), p. 3, ill.
Tim Rollins and K.O.S., Riverside Studios, London and Orchard Gallery, Derry, Northern Ireland (London, 1988), p. 39
Tim Rollins and K.O.S.: Animal Farm, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (Washington DC, 1992)
- Exhibition History
Re-View: European and American Art Since 1900, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 05/03/2011 - 06/01/2013
- Subjects and Contexts
- Verification Level
3 - Good. Object is well described and information is vetted