- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Louise Lawler, American (Bronxville, NY born 1947)
- WAR IS TERROR
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- Cibachrome mounted on aluminum panel
- Cibachrome (TM)
- 76.2 x 65.41 cm (30 x 25 3/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: Back of aluminum panel in black marker: Louise Lawler 2/5 2001/2003.
- gallery label: Label of Galeria OMR with artist and title information attached to the back of the aluminum panel
- gallery label: Label of Metro Pictures with artist and title information attached to the back of the aluminum panel.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Promised gift of Barbara Lee in honor of Helen Molesworth, Maisie K. and James R. Houghton Curator of Contemporary Art
- © Louise Lawler
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- Cibachrome photograph mounted on aluminum panel mounted on black wooden framed backing.
- Publication History
Helen Molesworth, ed., Twice Untitled and Other Pictures (looking back) Louise Lawler, Wexner Center for the Arts (Columbus, Ohio, 2006), pp.1,107,148-152, ill. p. 149, fig. 3
Harvard University Art Museums, Harvard University Art Museums Annual Report 2006-7 (Cambridge, MA, 2008), p. 22, ill.
- Exhibition History
Contemporary Art from the Harvard University Art Museums Collections, Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 06/23/2007 - 01/31/2008
Seeing Is Believing: A History of Photography, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 09/04/2012 - 01/19/2013
- Verification Level
3 - Good. Object is well described and information is vetted