- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Georgia O'Keeffe, American (Sun Prairie, WI 1887 - 1986 Santa Fe, NM)
- Red and Pink
- Work Type
Level 1, Room 1310, Modern and Contemporary Art
View this object's location on our interactive map
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 40.6 x 31.8 cm (16 x 12 1/2 in.)
framed: 61.2 x 52.5 x 4 cm (24 1/8 x 20 11/16 x 1 9/16 in.)
- Georgia O'Keeffe, sold; to Doris Bry, New York 1977. Private Collector, Hawaii. [Sotheby's, New York, 30 November 2005, lot 102], sold. [David Findlay, Jr., Inc., New York, New York]; sold; to Harvard University Art Museums, 2006.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Dr. Ernest G. Stillman, Class of 1907, by exchange
- © The Georgia O'Keeffe Foundation / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- Publication History
Charles C. Eldredge, Georgia O'Keeffe: American and Modern (New Haven, 1993), pl. 43
Barbara Buhler Lynes, Georgia O'Keeffe: Catalogue Raisonne (New Haven, CT, 1999), p. 267, no. 480 in Vol. I, ill.
Stephan Wolohojian, ed., Harvard Art Museum Handbook, Harvard Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 2008), p. 201, ill.
Barbara Haskell, ed., Georgia O'Keeffe: Abstraction, Whitney Museum of American Art (New York, 2009), p. 97, ill., 230.
- Exhibition History
Re-View: S118 European & American Art since 1900, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 09/13/2008 - 04/09/2011
O'Keeffe and Abstraction, The Phillips Collection, Washington, 02/06/2010 - 05/09/2010; Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Santa Fe, 05/28/2010 - 09/12/2010; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 09/17/2009 - 01/17/2010
Re-View: European and American Art Since 1900, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 05/03/2011 - 06/01/2013
- Subjects and Contexts
Artstor Digital Library
- Verification Level
3 - Good. Object is well described and information is vetted