- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Georgia O'Keeffe, American (Sun Prairie, WI 1887 - 1986 Santa Fe, NM)
- Red and Pink
- Work Type
Level 1, Room 1310, Modern and Contemporary Art, Surrealism
View this object's location on our interactive map
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 40.6 x 31.8 cm (16 x 12 1/2 in.)
framed: 61.2 x 52.5 x 4 cm (24 1/8 x 20 11/16 x 1 9/16 in.)
- Georgia O'Keeffe, sold; to Doris Bry, New York 1977. Private Collector, Hawaii. [Sotheby's, New York, 30 November 2005, lot 102], sold. [David Findlay, Jr., Inc., New York, New York]; sold; to Harvard University Art Museums, 2006.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Dr. Ernest G. Stillman, Class of 1907, by exchange
- © The Georgia O'Keeffe Foundation / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- Publication History
Charles C. Eldredge, Georgia O'Keeffe: American and Modern (New Haven, 1993), pl. 43
Barbara Buhler Lynes, Georgia O'Keeffe: Catalogue Raisonne (New Haven, CT, 1999), p. 267, no. 480 in Vol. I, ill.
Stephan Wolohojian, ed., Harvard Art Museum/ Handbook, Harvard Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 2008), p. 201, ill.
Barbara Haskell, ed., Georgia O'Keeffe: Abstraction, Whitney Museum of American Art (New York, 2009), p. 97, ill., 230.
- Exhibition History
Re-View: S118 European & American Art since 1900, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 09/13/2008 - 04/09/2011
O'Keeffe and Abstraction, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 09/17/2009 - 01/17/2010; The Phillips Collection, Washington, 02/06/2010 - 05/09/2010; Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Santa Fe, 05/28/2010 - 09/12/2010
Re-View: European and American Art Since 1900, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 05/03/2011 - 06/01/2013
- Subjects and Contexts
Artstor Digital Library
- Verification Level
3 - Good. Object is well described and information is vetted