- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Joseph Mallord William Turner, British (London, England 1775 - 1851 Chelsea, England)
Thomas Goff Lupton, British (1791 - 1873)
Published by Joseph Mallord William Turner, British (London, England 1775 - 1851 Chelsea, England)
- Ben Arthur, Scotland
- Other Titles
- Series/Book Title: Liber Studiorum
- Work Type
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Physical Descriptions
- Etching and mezzotint on off white wove paper
- Etching and mezzotint
- sheet: 28.5 x 41.5 cm (11 1/4 x 16 5/16 in.)
platemark: 21 x 29.2 cm (8 1/4 x 11 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: etched in lower left of plate "Drawn and Etched by J.M.W Turner Esq. R.A.P.P"
- inscription: etched in lower middle of plate "Ben Arthur, Scotland. London Pub. Jan 1 1819 by J.M.W. Turner Queen Anne Str. West"
- inscription: etched in lower right of plate "Engraved by T. Lupton"
- inscription: Etched in upper middle of plate: "M"
- (not assigned): embossed in lower right of plate: overlay of letters MW?
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- R. 69
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gray Collection of Engravings Fund
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- Subjects and Contexts
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org