- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Henri Matisse, French (Cateau-Cambresis, France 1869 - 1954 Nice, France)
- The Large Woodcut Nude
- Other Titles
- Original Language Title: "Le Grand Bois"
- Work Type
- Physical Descriptions
- image: 47.1 x 38.3 cm (18 9/16 x 15 1/16 in.)
- [Peter H. Deitsch], sold; to Fogg Art Museum, March 22, 1955.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- D.-M. 317
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Francis H. Burr Memorial and Alpheus Hyatt Funds
- © Succession H. Matisse / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Linda C. Hults, The Print in the Western World: An Introductory History, University of Wisconsin Press (Madison, WI, 1996), p. 643, fig. 11.1
Stephan Wolohojian, ed., Harvard Art Museum/ Handbook, Harvard Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 2008), p. 183, ill.
- Exhibition History
HAA 10 Survey Course (S421): The Western Tradition: Art Since the Renaissance (Fall 08 Rotation 3), Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 11/20/2008 - 02/08/2009
HAA 10 Survey Course (S421): The Western Tradition: Art Since the Renaissance (Fall 09 Rotation 3), Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 11/13/2009 - 01/17/2010
HAA 10 Survey Course (S421): The Western Tradition: Art Since the Renaissance (Fall 10 Rotation 3), Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 11/12/2010 - 01/15/2011
- Subjects and Contexts
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org